Stratford-upon-Avon College is celebrating the outstanding success of its students in this year’s exams.
Thanks to the students’ commitment and enthusiasm, together with the staff’s skill and dedication, the College achieved an impressive 97% A-Level pass rate, up by 2% from 2017. Equally impressive, 100% of the College’s Creative Arts learners achieved their qualification, with the majority being awarded Merit or Distinction grades.
The College offers excellent opportunities for learners studying Level 2 and Level 3 Extended Diplomas in specialist subjects across the curriculum, from Health & Social Care and Public Services to Performing Arts and Creative Media, whether they are looking for enhanced career prospects or progression to university.
The students’ successful results will enable them to progress to the next stage of their chosen career path. Learners have secured places to prestigious universities and stage schools such as The University of The Arts London, Falmouth University, London Studio Centre, Performance Preparation Academy (PPA) Guildford, Birmingham City University and Birmingham School of Acting; while others have chosen to stay on at the College to take advantage of its expanded range of university-level courses, including Art & Design Foundation Studies, History & English Literature and Public Services, plus stage school preparation courses – Phat Swan Performance Company & Foundation in Musical Theatre.
Commenting on this year’s outstanding achievements which reflect on the College’s students and staff alike, Nicky Brooks, Head of Creative Arts, said “We are extremely proud of the success of our students across the board. They have worked incredibly hard with the support of an exceptional teaching team.
“I think it is vitally important that people realise A-Levels are not the be-all and end-all in education. If you want to study a creative degree or go onto drama school, diplomas are the route for you. They allow you to build a wealth of knowledge and experience, and they fully prepare you practically and academically for your next step.”
Below is a list of the specialist vocational subject areas which achieved a 100% success rate.
- UAL L2 Performing Arts
- UAL L3 Diploma Acting
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Acting
- UAL L3 Diploma Dance
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Dance
- UAL L3 Diploma Musical Theatre
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Musical Theatre
- UAL L3 Diploma Technical Theatre
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Technical Theatre
- UAL L2 Diploma Music
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Music Performance
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Music Production
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Art and Design
- UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma Music Production
- UAL L3 Diploma Graphic Design
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma Fashion
- UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma Media
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma IT
- L2 Diploma Introduction to professional Cookery
- L3 Diploma Professional Cookery
- L3 Technical Certificate Childcare and Education
- L3 Diploma Childcare and Education Early years
- L3 Diploma Sport