The College is easy to get to – just five minutes from Stratford-upon-Avon railway station – and the local area has a great array of theatres, shops, restaurants and cafés.
The College is on a compact, level site. It has completed a programme of works to ensure that its buildings comply with the requirements of the DDA. All areas of the College are accessible to students with restricted mobility and classes will be scheduled to meet the access needs of students with disabilities.
The College has:
- Marked car parking spaces for students/staff with physical disabilities
- Ramped wheelchair access to all main teaching block ground floor entrances
- Lifts giving access to all floors of A, B, C, E, F, G and K blocks
- Toilet facilities throughout the College for students with disabilities
- Concrete stairways marked with luminous yellow edging highlighting stair edges
- Staircases with visual and tactile material to depict stairways
- Automatically opening doors are located at the entrance to blocks A, B, C, D, E and G and into the library
- A minicom facility at Reception for incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- A loop system is in place around the reception desk, at the cashier’s window, at the library desk and at the desk in the media department
- The Student Support office is in Student Services on the ground floor of G block
- Reception, Oasis Cafe, The Brazz, and Academy Restaurant are all located on the ground floor
- Evac chairs for each stairwell