Where will this course lead?
This is a course for learners with a basic knowledge of the language. We will concentrate on expanding the vocabulary of the various topics. The needs and leaning ability of the learner group will be taken into account.
What will I study?
Term 1 - September to October
- Familie: Talking about your family; verb endings and sentence structure
- Familie: discussing personal relationships; past tense
- Familie: discussing changes in attitudes; past tense, "weil" sentences
- Ausbildung: talking about education and training (school system in Germany); compound nouns
- Ausbildung: talking about your studies; perfect tense
- Ausbildung: talking about studying; modal verbs
Term 2 - January to March
- Personal information (revision); Ausbildung: adult education; subclauses
- Freizeit: talking about hobbies
- Freizeit: talking about sports
- Freizeit: talking about the weather
- Freizeit: talking about holidays
- Freizeit: talking about travel and direction
- Freizeit: talking about transport
Term 3 - April to June
- Personal information (revision); Living: arranging to go out
- Living: arranging to go out; sub-clauses
- Living: Teleshopping/internet shopping; adjective endings
- Living: talking about the cost of living; comparisons
- Health: talking about food
- Health: talking about healthy eating
- Health: talking about illness and health
How will this course be delivered?
A two-hour lesson each week for the duration of the course.
How will I be assessed?
This course is for personal development and is informally assessed by the tutor with self-assessment and evaluation by the student.
How do I get a place on the course?
Contact the Enrolment team on 01789 266245 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What else do I need to know?
Book Needed: Deutsch Plus 2
What can I do after this course?
Progress to higher levels of German Language.