Where will this course lead?

This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support, including: planning; delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside theteacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice. It is aimed at learners working in roles that offer specialist support for pupils

What will I study?

Mandatory Units: Diploma Schools and colleges as organisations Support health and safety in a learning environment Understand how to safeguard children and young people Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults Understand how children and young people develop Support positive behaviour in children and young people Support children and young people during learning activities Support English and maths skills Support the use of ICT in the learning environment Support assessment for learning Engage in personal and professional development Support children and young people

How will this course be delivered?

Contact us.

What qualifications will I get?

NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning

How will I be assessed?

Assessment is via written assignments, presentations, course work and work based assessments.

How do I get a place on the course?

Places are offered by interview depending on your current experience working in schools. You may also be tested for your English and Maths skills.

What are the entry requirements?

Contact us.

What else do I need to know?

After you enrol on the course you will need to arrange a placement for one day per week working directly in the classroom with a teacher supervising you. The placement and course requires you to have an enhanced disclosure DBS (criminal record check). The certificate will need to be shown to your tutor as soon as it has been recieved. This certificate should be brought to college on the first session of your course. You will be need to provide all basic stationery including pens, pencils, paper, plastic wallets, folders plus any additional stationery which is required for your course.

What can I do after this course?

Higher Education, including a HND in Advanced Practice in Work with Children and Families, or to degree programmes such as Foundation Degree in Classroom Support, Foundation Degree in Early Years Bachelor of Education Degree (teaching


Stratford-upon-Avon College

Start Date





Course Fee


Course Code


Study Mode

Part Time