The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners' awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will allow them to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings
The objective of the qualification is to allow learner's to gain knowledge and understanding of:
• the impact and consequences of a fall;
• risks and hazards which contribute to falls;
• reducing the risk of falls.
The qualification also covers the importance of recording and reporting any incidence of falls to ensure that interventions can be put in place to reduce risk and reoccurrence of falls.
This is delivered via distance learning
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness.
Assessments will be marked by an allocated tutor who will provide you with detailed feedback. You will be assessed against criteria where all learning outcomes of the course have to be covered; your tutor will give you guidance for this.
Contact the Enrolment team on 01789 266245 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Due to funding eligibility, all candidates must be a minimum of 19 years old and have lived in the UK for 3+ years.
• This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support, or have contact with, older people who have an increased propensity to falls.
Level 2 Award and certificates in Mental Health problems
Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to work in adult social care
Level 2 and 3 certificates for working in the Health sector
Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health & Social Care
Relevant employment within:
- Social Care
- Social Work