Upon completing this course you will be able to progress onto the Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Business, any other suitable Level 3 course or go onto a Level 3 apprenticeship.
You will study 8 units on the course, 2 of which are assessed externally via exams:
• Recruitment & selection
• Building successful business teams
• Sales and personal selling
• Introducing retail business
• Principles of marketing (external assessment)
• Enterprise in the business world
• Finance for business (external assessment)
• Principles of customer service
The course will be delivered via lectures and seminars in classrooms and workshops in PC rooms. Some of your learning will also take place online via the learn zone.
You will be awarded a Level 2 First Certificate in Business which is equivalent to 4 GSCEs at grade C.
You will be assessed via assignments, reports, presentations, role plays, group work and external assessments.
To apply for a place on the course please visit www.stratford.ac.uk or call 01789 266245.
You will need to have at least: 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above including English Language, or 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above and Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English, or; Level 1 qualification in a relevant vocational subject and either GCSE English Language at grade D / grade 3 or above or Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English. Mature students without formal qualifications who show commitment to the subject area may be able to join the course following a successful interview.
This course is ideal if you want to gain a nationally-recognised qualification in the field of business.
This course aims to provide:
• Up-to-date subject matter
• An opportunity to learn a range of business related skills
• Both hands-on and theory skills to allow progression on to other BTEC qualifications
N/A for 16-18 year old