All purchases of Goods and Services made by Stratford-upon-Avon College (Solihull College & University Centre) shall be subject to, and incorporate the following Terms and Conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing by the College.
While cost will always be an important measure, value for money (VfM) also takes account of the mix of quality, resource use, fitness for purpose, timeliness and convenience of a product or service to judge whether or not, when taken together, good value has been achieved.
For the benefit of our students and the wider community Stratford-upon-Avon College (Solihull College & University Centre) strives to deliver and continually improve VfM in everything we do.
Procurement provides specialist support in all purchasing activities at the College to ensure we deliver and can demonstrate:
- VfM on all purchases of goods, services, works, and lease agreements;
- Robust management of public and other funds through fair, auditable, transparent processes;
- Compliance to Public Contracts Regulations in accordance with UK legislation*
- Support of the local economy by, wherever possible utilising the provisions of the PublicServices (Social Value) Act 2012
* Following the Brexit transition period from 1 January 2021 the new e-tender service ‘Find a Tender’ (‘FTS’) www.find-tender.service.gov.uk will replace the Official Journal of the European Union in the UK for above threshold tenders for Works, Services and Goods. FTS will be automatically incorporated into the College nominated In-Tend Electronic Tendering System from 1 January 2021 so suppliers already registered on this site have no action to take.
Please see ‘Current Opportunities‘ for further details on how to supply to the College.
Stratford-upon-Avon College (Solihull College & University Centre) has approved suppliers for most regular purchases. Dependant on the commodity to be purchased the College has two main routes to market.
Standard supply requirements (IT, stationery) typically are purchased through Consortium frameworks. Most frequently used are Crescent Purchasing Consortium www.thecpc.ac.uk or Crown Commercial Services ccs-agreements.cabinetoffice.gov.uk. Please contact these providers directly for tendering opportunities.
Smaller, bespoke or more service led requirements are advertised and tendered direct by the College via the In-Tend Electronic Tendering System. This system allows you easier access to all forthcoming opportunities, offers increased security and auditability and reduces the tendering costs associated with printing and postage.
Suppliers who would like to express an interest in working with Stratford-upon-Avon College (Solihull College & University Centre) and obtain automatic notifications of forthcoming opportunities can register on In-Tend free of charge using:
The College will make payment 30 days after the goods/services are delivered or a valid invoice is received (whichever is the later).
Invoices must bear a valid College purchase order number in order for payment to be processed. The College will not pay or accept any liability for invoices submitted not in accordance with these instructions.
For all contract or general purchasing queries please contact;