This qualification is suitable for learners who may be interested in or new to the Adult Health and Social Care Industry. This will cover the roles of Social Care Worker, Safeguarding, Communication, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion and Personal Development. This will provide you with specific knowledge and an understanding of Preparing to work in Adult Social Care.
This course is split into manageable sections. These are:
• Unit 1: Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care Settings
• Unit 2: Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings
• Unit 3: Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Adult Social Care Settings
• Unit 4: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
• Unit 5: Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
• Unit 6: Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
• Unit 7: Understand person-centred approaches in Adult Social Care Settings
• Unit 8: Understand Health and Safety in Social Care Settings
• Unit 9: Understand how to handle information in Social Care Settings
This is delivered via distance learning
Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care.
Assessments will be marked by an allocated tutor who will provide you with detailed feedback. You will be assessed against criteria where all learning outcomes of the course have to be covered; your tutor will give you guidance for this.
Contact the Enrolment team on 01789 266245 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to funding eligibility, all candidates must be a minimum of 19 years old and have lived in the UK for 3+ years.
This course is currently free to all learners. However, non-completers may be charged a fee of £100.
Could progress to:
Level 2 Award and certificates in Mental Health problems
Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to work in adult social care
Level 2 and 3 certificates for working in the Health sector
Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health & Social Care
Relevant employment within:
- Social Care
- Social Work