Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills. As this affects around 15% of people, it is important for those working in healthcare, social care and education, to have knowledge of different learning difficulties. The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with knowledge of a range of specific learning difficulties, such as ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia. The course is aimed at learners looking to improve their understanding and awareness of the below key topics, especially those working in healthcare, social care and education.
· The characteristics of ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and dyscalculia
· How specific learning difficulties can affect children and adults in different ways
· The importance of early diagnosis
· The various assessment methods available to diagnose specific learning difficulties
· How individuals can be supported to gain, start and continue with study and employment
8 weeks distance learning (2 assessments)
Level 2 Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties
Assessments will be marked by an allocated tutor who will provide you with detailed feedback. You will be assessed against criteria where all learning outcomes of the course have to be covered; your tutor will give you guidance for this.
Register your interest and we will contact you with a date for enrolment, or contact 01789 266245 / firstname.lastname@example.org
No specific entry requirements, but an initial assessment will be completed at enrolment.
You must be aged 19+ and have lived within the European Economic Area (EEA) for at least 3 years. You must be based in England; however, some post code exclusions apply - Please enquire for confirmation of eligibility. In addition to this, please note that participants cannot be currently enrolled on an apprenticeship or higher education training programme.
These courses are fully funded at zero cost unless they are not completed and learning materials are retained by the learner; please note that in these circumstances, there is a £125 fee.
Could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Social Care